Fr Patrick O’Grady arrived at Rupertswood in 1929 to take up the role of Rector. It was only two years after the Salesians had begun their
work in Sunbury and Fr O’Grady worked tirelessly in the first difficult years of the school to gain the support of the people. In 1931
Fr O’Grady was the founder of the Eucharistic Festival that ran uninterrupted for 50 years, and he was much loved and held in high esteem.