Our College provides effective transition strategies at all transition points in the educational journey. Each transition stage provides new challenges,
and our College Registrar is there to help discuss these with you. It can be a challenge for parents too, so we provide opportunities for teachers
and parents to work together.
Students are supported through many avenues to allow the transition from primary to secondary school to be as effortless as possible. As part of
this overall transition process here at Salesian College we provide the following:
- Students visit the College in their Grade 5 year (selected primary schools)
- Students attend a number of events at the College during Grade 6: Year 7 Enrolment Interviews, Year 7 Information Evening, Testing Session,
and Orientation Day
- Salesian College staff visit various primary schools during the Grade 6 year
- Extra Transition sessions are offered (where required)
- Year 7s are allocated a Year 10 Buddy (same House, same locker area)
- We have a staggered start at the beginning of the year: Year 7s, Year 9s and Year 10s commence school on one day whilst the remaining students
commence school on another day.
- Our weekly Pastoral Care Program targets Year 7 Transition
- Homeroom support is given to Year 7s by Year 8 students who act as 'Mini Buddies'
- House support from Homeroom Leaders (teachers) and House Coordinators
- A Year 7 Parent /Family Night is held early Term one
- The Year 7 Camp is run during Week four, Term one
- Key personnel: Transition Coordinator, College Registrar, Family Liaison, Counsellors, Youth Worker, Savio Campus Director and Campus Assistant
- Core classes are held in the same room throughout Years 7 and 8
- Year 7 and 8 classes are run within the Savio Campus area of Salesian College
The Savio Campus (Year 7 & 8) Director, Ms Stephanie Parisi, is available to be contacted if
you have any queries or questions regarding transition to our College on phone 9744 0000. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org